Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Blood Drive!

Me and Katie.
Well, I had the most amazing experience when I donated blood for the first time. We went at 4:30. And I didn't leave until almost 7!!! It took so long to get through the line! Once I finally got into a chair, I sat there for ever!!!! She had a left arm chair open, and I was next, I didn't think I should get it drawn from my left arm, so I showed her my arms, and she said it was fine. So I sat in the leftie chair. She pumped up the cuff and left it and made me squeeze the ball. I was prolly sitting in the chair for at least a half an hour. When she finally got to me, she started marking my veins. She couldn't really find them. Once again, I asked her if it really was ok doing it on my left arm. She said yes. She got everthing hooked up and was about to stick the needle in. She FINALLY realized my right arm would be better. [After I asked her at least five times.] So she switched me over to the right handed chair. She marked my veins much easier on this arm. So, she stuck the needle in, and couldn't find my vein! She dug around in it for a while. After a bit, she called someone over to check and see if it was in the vein. She then dug around for a while. They then came to the conclusion that my veins are just too small to take blood. So I told them I was done. They said they hoped this wouldn't discourage me from coming back again! ummmm.... YES it discouraged me!!!!! Perhaps I will just go to Las Vegas to the GOOD people that Cami goes to now!!!

No comments: