Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Blind Date!

Eric, Kelly, me, Clay
clay and the bear
eric and the bear
me and the bear
me and a rhino
kelly and a lepoard
eric and a lion
eric and a moose. what's funny is he is from alaska. and he has real pictures of him this close to a moose. the moose was bigger and on the other side of the glass of course.
Alright. So, on Friday, my friend Kelly set me up on a blind date. Woot! It was extremely awkward at first. I walked into the lobby and two guys were just sitting on the couch, so I just went over and sat next to them. and said hey! and they were like... hi........ (awkward silence)... are you calli? and i was like YES! and they were like phew! I had no idea who they were. Kelly didn't tell me their names or anything so I couldn't really be like, are you clay and eric? or whatever. So, we walked up to the Bean museum, It's right next to the bell tower. It is a museum of dead animals...... ewwww... but oh well. I got over it. There was a showing going on, and they had a tarantella. Oh my... I wanted to hold it, but I didn't want to. I just kept thinking about the spider nest incident in the shower. But they all held it. They said it felt like cotton candy floating across their hands. After that, Clay was super hungry so we walked over to Baskin Robbins. I got Rockey Road. Can you believe it? Me? Calli? Eating chocolate icecream? insane!!!! After ice cream, we went back to our dorm and played Phase 10. That was pretty fun. While we were playing, four guys walked in with a huge boom box and started playing fooseball. It was rather funny because we concluded that they were there hoping that girls would show up. Nobody came, and they eventually left. And keith showed up, because nobody had texted him back, and he was bored, so he just came to our dorm hoping he would find katie or I. He found me. and sat down and talked to us. It was kinda funny, cuz he obviously didn't know it was a date. But after we played Phase 10, we got apples to apples and played that for a while. We delt keith in. After a while Katie showed up and watched. We ended the date after Apples to Apples. It was a fun one. Kinda awkward, but still fun. When keith found out that it was a date, i got a text from him saying, "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME I WAS CRASHING YOUR DATE!?!?" haha. it was quite funny. I ensured him that he really made it less awkward and I was thankful that he showed up. Well. that's pretty much the story of my friday night!!

No comments: