Monday, August 29, 2011

Bronze Statues: The Healing Powers of Christ

In April, we had an amazing exhibit come to the Mormon Trail Center. I attended this exhibit several times. The first time I went through, this is the statue and plaque that just hit. I could feel the spirit so strongly while reading this plaque that I was in tears. I could barely finish reading. I immediately took out my camera and started snapping away. (no worries, photography was allowed.) After I took a few pictures, I realized this entire exhibit was something that I absolutely did NOT want to forget. So, I took pictures of each plaque and statue. I decided just now that I will occasionally post a picture or two from the exhibit. That way you can enjoy the whole exhibit with me. :)
This is just so amazing to me. Christ was so willing to heal, not only this man with leporacy, but EVERYONE. Because Christ came to this earth to atone our sins, we all may be forgiven for our sins. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for this. I am forgiven for even my tiny little sins on a daily basis. I feel so sad because there are sins that no matter how many times I do them, Heavenly Father forgives me. I have my daily sins such as speeding, judging, being rude. And everyday I ask for forgiveness. And everyday, I am forgiven. And the next day, I always do it again. Heavenly Father is so patient with us as we try to work and perfect ourselves. And then there are the big sins. Like, oh I don't know, the law of chastity, or the word of wisdom. Through our bishops and the Lord, we are forgiven. It takes work. Oh boy does it take work. And it is not an easy road. But it is one so worth taking. And I am just so grateful for Jesus Christ and what he did for us. Life would be pointless if it were not for him.
This is the statue...
And I just absolutely love looking at Christs face on all of these statues. He is such a kind, loving man. And the artist I think represented him well. I love looking into his eyes, and just seeing so much love there.

No comments: