Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess!!!

A sweet cake I made...er...found.

GREEN EGGS AND HAM!!!!! (and yes. i know the ham is supposed to be green too... but ohwell)

Yes, i DID make the bacon!

Mark made the eggs!

And Anna marie made the muffins!
We all know how much i LOVE Dr. Suess!!!!! ..... Well, I knew that Dr. Suess' birthday was in March, so all last month I kept saying how we were going to celebrate with green eggs and ham! And then the day snuck up on me! I totally forgot about it until we were at TOPS and we made green eggs and ham for the kids! So, when we got home, we went to the wyview creamery for all the ingredients. and went back and made them. We decided that bacon totally counts as ham. So we made bacon instead of ham. We also decided to make muffins. and after the first batch, we decided to dye them too. so the muffins were also green. :)

3 comments:

Lori said...

And you had a fit when I put green in your eggs!! Glad to know the tradition goes on. The meal looks good.

Phil and Cami said...

I always make green eggs and ham for my kids at school during Nevada Reading Week. Which corrasponds with Dr. Suess' bday (which is also during Read Across America Week). But, this year we moved our celebration of NRW at our school to May. Guess I'll be makin' em in May!

Calli said...

whoa!!!! mom! we used to make green eggs and ham????? I remember they always made it at school and i always wanted to eat at school on those days.